Annual Calendar of Special Services & Events
Annual Calendar 2018
We meet regularly every Sunday at 12 p.m., except from August 1 through Labor Day and resuming on the Sunday following Labor Day. Listed below are the times of the year when we traditionally have services and observances that are of special note. Watch our home page for more information on these and on additional services and events.
- First Sunday in Lent
- Palm Sunday
- Maundy Thursday evening, (in–home service; call for information)
- Easter Sunday
- Last Sunday service before August hiatus, July 29
- Homecoming Sunday, services resume, September 9
- Annual Meeting Sunday, October 7
- Annual Blessing of Animals, October 14
- Choir rehearsals begin for Candlelight Carol Service, Wednesday evenings, beginning October 31
- Anniversary Sunday, November 4 (Daylight Savings Time ends)
- Candlelight Carol Service, Sunday, December 16, 6 p.m.
Each year, during our August “hiatus” which ends the first Sunday after Labor Day, we plan an outing for whomever wishes to participate. It might be a private home, the New York Botanical Garden (for the Monet exhibit), Governor’s Island, … for a day of fresh air, interesting surroundings and fellowship.
Blessing of Animals
Candlelight Carol Service
Our best-known “special” service is undoubtedly the Candlelight Carol Service, first presented in 1975. Held just before Christmas, this is a truly beautiful, moving event featuring a volunteer choir, congregational carol singing and a recitation of St. Peter’s early member Clement Clarke Moore’s famous poem that begins “’Twas the Night Before Christmas…” Sign up for choir/choir mailing list option
Baptisms, Weddings, Memorial/Funeral Services
We offer these services upon request; you do not need to be a member of our community. Please contact our pastoral counselor for information: Contact: email@example.com